Thursday, August 4, 2011

Moving Day for the Tripp Family

tripp1edit
Today was moving day for the Tripp family.  As some of you know, Tami Tripp has been my neighbor and friend for the past 6 years.  Shortly after Gus was born, I would drive by the corner house on 12th Avenue and think that I was living a parallel life as the woman in the house.  I would see cloth diapers on the line and a stroller in the backyard.  My mom actually met Tami first when she was on a walk in the neighborhood.  Not long after that time, I met Tami.  She had just one little guy at the time, Charlie, who was probably about 1 year old at the time.  We started having playdates and over time, our friendship grew.  Then it was time for us to both be pregnant and both have little boys named Johan and Sam (2006).  A few years later, our paths diverged a bit when I had a baby girl, Anja, and she has a boy, Ben (2008).  

Over the years, we have spent much time hanging out in our homes, chatting, and letting the kids play.  I can't count the cups of flour, minutes of last second babysitting, the phone calls to check in, or the impromptu playdates that have been so frequent these last years.  Tami is the type of friend that I can always count on.  She is loyal and caring and thoughtful.  I have been so blessed to have her in my life.  We are going to totally MISS having them live so close, but we know we will still see them often!  Today, I feel sad that they'll be a bit farther away, but mostly I feel grateful that it was this neighborhood that brought us together.


Congratulations to the Tripp family on their new home!  We love you all! 

2 comments:

Tami August 8, 2011 at 12:04 AM  

Sonja...you are such a dear friend. Thank you for the beautiful image and beautiful words. I will miss being so close but I know that we will always stay connected.

Leah Miller August 29, 2011 at 2:46 PM  

Oh, what a great pic and tribute! I am teary but have to remind myself that they aren't dead, just not as near. :)

Week 3: 2011

I_Heart_Faces_Favorite1

Week 19: 2010

Week 27: 2009

Week 15: 2009

Week 13: 2009

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP