Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Laughter

I have never been very good at writing down fun memories with the kids.  I did somewhat in their baby books, but I know that there are many moments that I will forget as time passes.  We have Kip's baby book and his mom did an amazing job writing down the details of daily life and fun memories.  There are pages and pages of her writing, which are such a treasure to have.

You may have seen some blogs that have "Wordless Wednesday" and depict a photo without description.  I'm going to try to do the opposite and write a fun memory of the week each Wednesday (all words, no photo).  It might not be totally entertaining to the rest of you, but my goal is to have documented some details of our lives.  At some point, I plan to purchase a printed "blog book," so that we have our favorite photos, events and memories in print.

The other evening, Gus and I were snuggling on the couch.  We decided that we would be the "fans" as Johan tossed a ball in the air and tried to catch it with his glove.  We cheered "Yay!" when he caught the ball and sighed "Awwww" when he missed.  Once and a while the misses turned into "Booooo," which according to Gus is allowed at stadiums.  Anyway, we really started laughing when Johan lost the ball under the television.  At first, we said, "Booooo."  Then, he told us he could reach the ball and we cheered, "Yay!!"  He changed his mind and told us he was not able to get the ball and we replied, "Boo!"  This went on for a while and we started laughing harder!  Gus told me that he "couldn't breathe."  I thought it was so sweet that his laughter was so genuine and I loved that moment.  

So, there's my thought for the day.  Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

asvdw April 8, 2010 at 9:30 PM  

Ohhh, I really like this!

jr April 9, 2010 at 8:37 AM  

I like it, too, Sonja. It will be hard to remember all of these cute little things they say and do (sometimes I forget them within a minute or so, depending on how tired I am). I've been keeping a journal for a couple of months- one thought a day of something that brings me joy with my kids. It's been a fun habit to start and I know I'll appreciate it later.

Week 3: 2011

I_Heart_Faces_Favorite1

Week 19: 2010

Week 27: 2009

Week 15: 2009

Week 13: 2009

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP