Sunday, September 13, 2009

i heart faces - week 36: contemplative

My uncle Gary has Alzheimer's Disease. He was diagnosed about 6 years ago with the disease at age 63, which is considered "younger onset Alzheimer's." My aunt Heather has lovingly cared for Gary in their home. Through this process, my aunt has had a lot of challenges and many decisions to contemplate along this journey. My uncle Gary is now in the late stages of Alzheimer's and he requires very full time care. I believe this photo depicts Gary as the focus. As a caregiver, Heather has made sacrifices and she has been selfless in the process. I want to use this photo to honor my aunt -- for her commitment to Gary and for the care she continues to provide for him.

4 comments:

Day to Day Tripper September 13, 2009 at 9:51 PM  

This turned out great! I'm sure your aunt will always treasure this photo.

Ave September 14, 2009 at 7:54 AM  

So beautiful!

Foursons September 14, 2009 at 12:53 PM  

Beautiful photo and a beautiful woman- inside and out.

~ M ~ September 16, 2009 at 7:40 AM  

What a beautiful and powerful picture. You can feel the love! Thanks for sharing such a beautiful testimony of the power of love. Bless their hearts!

Week 3: 2011

I_Heart_Faces_Favorite1

Week 19: 2010

Week 27: 2009

Week 15: 2009

Week 13: 2009

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP